Monday, August 3, 2015

The Day We Learned About Snail Panties

So the other day, I had one of those conversations with Emily that I never want to forget.
She was sitting at the kitchen counter working on a dot to dot. When she finished it, she discovered it was a snail. Then, a funny thing happened...
Emily: "Mom! Guess what? I accidentally grew out of my snail panties!"
Me: "Oh no! You accidentally grew out of your snail panties? I'm so sorry. I know they were your favorite, but it's ok. That's what happens when you grow up."
Emily: "Wait! I have an idea! What if we get a tiny little container with a lid and I could put them in there and keep them forever?"
Me: "I think that is a great idea, and I am going to get another little container so I can put you in it and keep you forever. Deal?"
Emily: "Deal. I love you mom."
Me: "I love you more."
If only they really made containers that would do that.

 

 

1 comment:

Amy F. said...

SHE IS THE CUTEST... THE CUTEST!!! And I think the reason that those panties are so cute is those little buns. :) Thanks for giving me a smile tonight!