That being said, a funny thing happened in our kitchen a few weeks ago. On November 14, 2007 I was starting to prepare dinner and finishing up some laundry, while Katelyn and Brooke were playing. Brooke decided to join me in the kitchen, while Katelyn continued playing just below us in the family room. Brooke was happily exploring the pantry and enjoying the bottom two shelves that I have made useable but baby-proof. I remembered it was time to put another load in the dryer so I left for just a moment. Brooke’s happy playing noises soon changed and I immediately knew something was afoot. Her babbling and laughing turned to a low grunting and a deep growling sound. I asked Katelyn to go check on her while I followed quickly behind. We discovered that somehow Brooke had been able to reach and open a one gallon ziplock bag containing giant marshmallows.
As you can see in the photos, she didn’t stop with just one. When we came around the corner she looked up and as she gave us a big grin, white marshmallow drool came pouring out of both sides of her mouth. I then decided that instead of ruining her fun and immediately taking all of the marshmallows away, that I needed to take some photos first. She went back to eating, grunting and growling while I snapped some pictures. Then Katelyn helped me clean up and ate more than her fair share of marshmallows during the process. I think it’s time to make Rice Krispy Treats or S’mores or both...

2 comments:
I think you should just let her eat marshmallows all day every day, how cute is that.
I'm so glad you finally got your blog going! I absolutely love this story, what a funny little cutie patootie!
Post a Comment