Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Day We Learned About Websites

Underneath the bunk beds in Katelyn and Brooke’s room, there are 5 pink canvas bins that contain some of their favorite toys.  So yesterday, I finally made labels to slide into the label pockets.  In order to facilitate Brooke helping with clean-up, I decided to put pictures on the labels as well as words.  For example, I had a Littlest Pet Shop sticker for that bin, found a jpeg of Barbie that I printed out for that bin, etc.  Nothing fancy, but they were finally done.

So this morning, I showed them to the girls and they were so excited.  Katelyn was especially happy about it (my OCD gene runs deep with that child) and in a very serious tone she asked me if I got the idea at “www dot how to organize a room dot com?”  (www.howtoorganizearoom.com)  I almost fell down because she was so serious.  You can tell she is from a generation that was born knowing that you can find everything on the internet and based on her seven years of experience, most websites names are intuitive. 

The best part is that when I told her no, that I just came up with it on my own, she said “Wow Mom, you really are amazing!”  May she always be so easily impressed.  Imagine her reaction if I had used the original fonts from the Logos for each toy like I wanted too… 

3 comments:

Monika said...

LOVE it! I wonder if there really is such a website. Such a doll. I wouldn't expect anything less.

B said...

Ashley, you and I are kindred spirits! I LOVE it... and I love that our kids are growing up in such a techy age :)

The Sadler Crew said...

Count the reasons I love you!