Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Day We Went to Katelyn’s Party

Kate & Brooke watching movie 2-11-10Brooke and I were so glad that Katelyn didn’t mind us crashing her class Valentine party again this year.  I love to help with the parties and Brooke gets so excited about it that she can’t even sleep the night before.

When the big day finally came, Brooke was so excited to walk in and see that the class was watching a movie.  She asked me if she could go sit by Katelyn.  I told her no, but she wouldn’t take no for an answer.  She said, “Please mom, I promise I will be quiet.”  I couldn’t argue with that.  So she headed right up and found a spot next to Katelyn.  Fortunately, Katelyn was thrilled to see her and quickly made a spot.  It makes me so happy that they love each other so much.  With a four and a half year age difference between them, I never expected them to be so close at such a young age.  I am so glad they appreciate each other.

After the movie they enjoyed craft projects, ice cream sundaes with sprinkles  and whipped cream, and games.

Kate & Brooke at class party 2-11-10aKate's 2nd grade valentine party icecream 2-11-10Kate & Brooke at class party 2-11-10bKate & Brooke at class party 2-11-10c

Kate's 2nd grade valentine party 2-11-10The kids all had a blast and LOVED celebrating together.  I couldn’t resist taking another picture of Katelyn and her good friend Bradley.  They’ve been great buddies since Kindergarten despite being complete opposites.  Here they are in Kindergarten through 2nd grade.

Katelyn & Bradley 2-14-08Katelyn & Bradley 2-13-09Katelyn and Bradley 2-11-10

Brooke worn out by 7pm 2-11-10It was a great party and everyone had a lot of fun.  Brooke partied a little too hard I think and actually passed out on her Princess couch at about 6:45 p.m.

No comments: