Every year at Katelyn’s school, the have “Crazy Hair Day!” The kids love it and some of them definitely come up with some crazy hair-dos. Last year, we somehow missed the memo about the big day and missed out on the fun. I was actually surprised that Katelyn would want to participate. She takes after both of her parents – we might be crazy, but we definitely don’t do the wacky kind of crazy. It’s out of our comfort zone by a long shot. I was glad she wanted to participate though and she immediately began working out her plan.
Her first idea, was to wear mismatched barrettes. I could tell it would be hard for her to actually go through with something so insane, but she was committed. But then, about 7 months ago, she came up with her master plan for “Crazy Hair Day!” She decided that she would have me straighten her hair. Aaahhhhh… the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. That is how we mix things up, Hansen style.
She was so excited this morning and was very patient as I executed the straightening process. She was anxious to see what her friends would think. Fortunately, she got rave reviews and had a great “Crazy Hair Day.” She said that everyone kept petting her hair all day and that one boy said he liked it but he didn’t really think it was “crazy.” She set him straight about that… no pun intended.
4 comments:
she looks so cute with straight hair. curly or straight she is beautiful
I love it! I love Katelyn's wild side!
Ok, I am laughing! Such a cute girl-- she looks just like you! When I get home I am sending you a pic of our version of crazy hair day!
I read this post to Ryan and he was laughing out loud. LOVE those crazy Hansens! (Remember when at a Primary activity I was trying to get Katelyn to break some eggs into a bowl and she refused because "I don't think it's probably a good idea for a 5 year old to crack eggs.")
And Ryan just asked, "Is Brooke on this blog? I wish you could hang around Brooke for a few minute because she is HILARIOUS." He just said for me to tell you that that's where all the crazy is--Brooke.
Post a Comment