As a baby, Emily was great about humoring me and wearing cute headbands. I swore I would keep that going and make sure she was always accessorized. About six months ago however, Emily decided she’d had enough and refused to wear anything unauthorized (by her) in her hair. I tried to fight it, but she would pull out what little bit of hair she has in the process of showing me who was boss, so I decided that in order for me to win the war with her hair in tact, I would let her win this battle.
Since then she’s found different things along the way that she liked to wear on her head. Some of her favorites included her pumpkin hat from her Halloween costume and her sisters’ undies. Classy eh?
Recently, she discovered the pink and purple terrycloth head bands we have that were intended to be used while washing your face. Apparently Mary Kay knew what she was doing when she made those babies, because it was love at first sight for Emily.
Sometimes she wears one to accent her bed head. Other times she rocks the sweat band/Olivia Newton John look.
On really special occasions, she wears them together. The only thing better than one Mary Kay headband, is two. It is a look that she seems to think is timeless. When she really wants to mix things up, she will wear one down around her waist like a belt. I personally love this look on her when she is in her snug fitting footie pajamas. I was going to get a picture, but I started laughing so hard that she got mad and took it off. I love it when she gives us stink eye while wearing the double band look.
The other day, Emily found another fantastic use for her headbands. She decided that while wearing the bands you need to “go fast.” So she started sharing and requiring her partner(s) in crime to run around with reckless fashion abandon. You can see in these pictures the pure joy this activity brought to everyone. We laughed ourselves silly.
When it is time to go somewhere, I will tell the girls “Ok, let’s get ready, it’s time to go!” They know the drill, so everyone scatters and grabs the essentials. Katelyn takes her iPod, Brooke grabs a purse and Emily makes sure she has both terry cloth headbands, because you just never know right? Last week, she really wanted to wear them to church and when I wouldn’t let her, she did not take the news well. So now, the funny thing is that right when we are about to leave, the headbands magically disappear… strange isn’t it?
7 comments:
Love her!! Short bus will stop at our corner and pick up quite a few kids!!
OMG, I'm dying. I love her. Funniest baby ever!
So funny! Little girls with big personalities equals lots of fun for everyone!
Magic hat!!! I seriously can't stop laughing these are hilarious!
Oh I LOVE her! Your descriptions and pictures are hilarious! I am laughing so hard!
She's definitely going by the beat of her own drummer!
Apparently I need to come to your blog and show Dylan pictures of Emily all day. She is very entertaining! He is in hysterics!
Post a Comment