So you know how you warn your kids about dangers and things that might hurt them, but you are pretty sure they aren’t listening? Well, Emily listens.
The other day she walked up to me and asked in a very matter-of-fact way, “Mom, what does circulation mean?” She asks lots of great questions, so I wasn’t too surprised but I was impressed that she perfectly pronounced circulation. I proceeded to answer her, making sure to give enough detail that she wouldn’t feel like I was ignoring her. When I finished my explanation, she paused and with a concerned look on her face pointed to her wrist and said, “Well, I am pretty sure I am cutting mine off.”
Sure enough, she had a tiny hair elastic on her wrist. What she once thought of as a pretty bracelet was starting to hurt and making her hand change color. I helped her remove it and then later realized that I’d made a mistake. I forgot to take a picture. So we recreated the moment with a looser rubber and snapped a quick photo, because I never want to forget that my three year old had listened to and remembered my prior warnings when I would say to her (or her sisters), “Don’t do that or you’ll cut off your circulation!” I wonder what else I’ve said that she remembers and will shock me with someday?
1 comment:
Haha! That is so cute! She is so smart!
Post a Comment