Since Brooke turned SEVEN on Wednesday, I thought I should finally blog her birthday from LALAST YEAR. Because you’ve gotta have goals right? It was such a fun birthday – I am so glad I took 900 pictures because it helped me remember all the fun we had.
She started off her day with her favorite breakfast (McDonald’s) with her favorite people (her sisters).
Kyle went into work a little late so she could open one present rather than having to wait all day long. Having a birthday with afternoon Kindergarten is perfect – there is lots of time to play AND celebrate.
She also got to start gymnastics that morning with one of her best buddies – so that made for an exciting morning.
After gymnastics, we decided to have some birthday ice cream at Baskin Robins.
Then we headed home for lunch before school. They even had a few minutes to play. Oh how we loved afternoon Kindergarten.
The best part about school (for me) was that I got to go help in her classroom that day. We had such a great time and got to do a snowman painting project. She got to paint with her buddy Dale, so she was super excited.
After school we had a chance to play with her Barbie cruise ship and had a ball getting the waterslide going.
Katelyn had dance that night, so we had to be creative with our evening plans. First, we had dinner and Brooke picked quesadillas. Then we took Katelyn to dance and headed to Build-A-Bear. Our Utah buddies (the Hoppers) sent her a gift card for her special day so we headed over for some fun. Brooke picked out a darling white teddy bear that lights up with rainbow lights. She named her Twinkle Star!
Then we picked up Katelyn and headed home for presents and cake. She had so much fun and was so excited about everything. Barbie and Hello Kitty were well represented in her loot.
Then it was time for cake. She requested a pink and rainbow Hello Kitty cake. The boarder around this cake too more time than any cake I have ever done (T-E-D-I-O-U-S), but she loved it so it was totally worth it.
I love watching them when we sing happy birthday as they stare dreamily at their cake. I almost feel like you can see them grow up as they make their wish and blow out the candles. It is bittersweet but mostly sweet. I love celebrating my babies.
Brooke is so full of life and lived her 5th year to it’s fullest. She was a great student and super brave during two scary surgeries. She is so smart it is scary and brings so much joy to our family. Happy 6th birthday to my beautiful Brooke.
1 comment:
She is SO adorable, and it looks like it was a fantastic birthday! I know that your new calling has a little to do with being behind. I'm about 9 months behind in mine. :)
Post a Comment