The girls were so excited to decorate the tree and to unwrap their new ornaments for the year. This year Katelyn and Brooke picked out their ornaments while we were in Disneyland, but were still excited. I also surprised them with an ornament for our family commemorating our trip to Disneyland.
This year Katelyn picked out blue Cinderella themed Minnie Mouse ears. When she chose that one, I knew it was the perfect ornament for my lover of all things Disney and blue.
Brooke picked out exactly what I would have chosen for her… a beautiful Rapunzel ornament for my Rapunzel girl.
For Emily I chose a Minnie Mouse ballerina to commemorate her first trip to Disneyland and also the year she started ballet.
Emily loved her ornament so much that right after she opened it she said, “Oh mom! This is just so precious.” Then she made this face.
The girls also each got a a little snowman on a sled with their name on it to add to their collection of personalized ornaments. I love finding them a new one each year and I love watching them enjoy and reminisce about each ornament as we decorate with them each year.
They did such a great job decorating and it was fun watching them each work so carefully. I especially loved watching Emily concentrate on what she was doing. Apparently sticking her tongue out sideways gives her extra focusing power (Kyle does the same thing – maybe I should try it).
I unwrapped the ornaments but the girls did all of the decorating except for my special Diet Coke and Utah Jazz ornaments. I always hang them as close to the top as possible without being sacrilegious. Two of my favorite things from two of my favorite people.
We had a lot of fun and the tradition continued when I unwrapped the musical themed ornaments. Before the girls hung any of them up, they had to have a concert. Katelyn even donned on of the special elf hats Kyle brought the girls from Holland (Black Pete the elf). I love how much fun they have with this and I hope they will continue to do many more ornament themed shows for us over the years to come.
Once the big tree was decorated they were ready for more, so we got out the mini-trees and began working on those too.
Their trees turned out great and they were excited to have them in their rooms during the Christmas season.
We had a fantastic time decorating and I was so happy that everyone got along so well. It seemed like the girls had the true meaning of Christmas in their hearts. I also think the fact that Rosie went mobile by hiding in a pasta container contributed heavily to the good cheer we experienced. Since Rosie landed in a glass jar, we were able to safely transport her into the living room with us for the decorating extravaganza so she was right there with her creepy watchful eye, reminding everyone to be on their best behavior. Well played Rosie, well played.
1 comment:
Love the picture of Emily looking at her ornament. Adorable girls! Give them some kisses and hugs for me.
Post a Comment