Another one of our favorite Christmas traditions is sailing to the North Pole to see Santa (via Coeur d’Alene). Right before it was time to head outside to board the boat, a giant plush Frosty the Snowman and Nutcracker came by to say hi and pose for a photo. Emily was very excited about it and was busy making some observations unbeknownst to me.
After the pictures she was telling me all about it and proceeded to inform me that Frosty was “just a zipper guy.” At first I was seriously confused, but after asking her a few questions, I realized that she was referring to a zipper indicating that Frosty was actually just a guy in a suit. So I asked her about the Nutcracker, and she said, “Oh no mom, he wasn’t a zipper guy, he was the real Nutcracker.” I didn’t argue.
So we boarded the boat and set sail. I don’t know what they like more, the lights, the hot chocolate or being heckled by the Grinch.
We had a nice sail and enjoyed a nearly empty boat.
The girls were excited to arrive at the North Pole and Emily and Brooke were very anxious to find out if their names were on Santa’s good list.
Fortunately, Santa said Brooke, Kate, Katelyn , Emily, Emma and Emily. They were all so glad they were on the good list and Emily was over the moon that her name was read three times. She was quick to point out that Katelyn was on there twice and that Brooke’s name was only read one time. I was worried that Brooke would feel bad, but she just seemed relieved that she was on the good list.
The cruise ended perfectly with one final heckling from the Grinch. He told our boat that he had a special present for us and when we asked what it was, he turned around and as Emily would say “shook his booty at us.” Emily was appalled by that behavior but loved it at the same time. For about a week, she would tell anyone that would listen that “the Grinch gave us a booty shake.”
After a fun cruise we headed into the Resort for some dessert. It was a perfect evening and I certainly wasn’t surprised that they were on the good list. We love those little sweeties.
No comments:
Post a Comment