We have been having the most amazing Spring weather this year. It has been sunny and warm and so pleasant that I am sure it is a trick. We decided to take advantage and get our seeds started while we could enjoy the beautiful weather.
We started out with a trip to Home Depot so everyone could pick out their seeds. I LOVE watching them… they are such good gardeners, they read the packets and carefully pick out just the right seeds. As I stood there listening to them, I couldn’t help but think how proud Great Grandma and Grandpa Hardy would be. They definitely passed down the gardening gene to these sweet girls.
We came home with our seeds, grabbed the speakers for some tunes and got started. This year, Katelyn is working on one of her Personal Progress goals by planting a garden. For the Faith Value Project, the girls are asked to, “Read Alma 32:28-43 and Think of faith as a seed as you help plant, care for, and harvest a vegetable garden. Record in your journal how you can nourish, care for, and strengthen your faith.” So even thought she’s planted 10 gardens, this time she is doing it with Faith in mind and sharing those thoughts and experiences with us along the way.
They have become such proficient gardeners that Katelyn and Brooke don’t even need my help. It was so cute to watch them work together and explain to Emily about seed depth and plant spacing. I KNOW that made “Hardy” smile down on us that day.
It was such a fun afternoon and I love that the girls enjoy this as much as I do… traditions are best. As a side note, if anyone plans on visiting us in the next 45 days, give me a few hours notice so I can vacate the greenhouse guest room and air it out a bit. Right now it smells like the garden center at Home Depot.
No comments:
Post a Comment