I love that both of my girls enjoy pretend play. It is so fun to watch them take everyday objects and turn them into something wonderful and enjoy it far more than any toy we could ever buy for them. It is always so fun seeing what they will come up with next. Katelyn usually leads the charge in the creativity department and Brooke is happy to play along, but she definitely showed us that she's been paying attention to the part where Katelyn sees things for more than just what they appear to be on the outside.
I have a collapsible crate that I absolutely love. It has served countless crate-related purposes and can be folded flat and neatly tucked away when it is not in use. However, I didn't realize how fun the crate could be until Brooke demonstrated otherwise.
I had been using the crate and left it out after emptying it. While I was doing laundry, I could hear Brooke in the other room having a great time and saying something about her "house." She was happy and busy so I didn't think to much about it, but when I came around the corner I saw what she was talking and at that point singing about. She had turned the crate into her play house. She would go get some toys and then carefully climb into her house and play and sing for awhile. Then she would climb out, go get something else and head right back to her new home for more fun. Katelyn is always building some kind of hut, cave or fort for the two of them (and usually about 20 stuffed animals) - so I think that Brooke was quite pleased with herself for coming up with a new play house. However, when Katelyn got home from school, Brooke realized there was a major design flaw - it was too small for her sister to join her. Rookie mistake. At that point Brooke was done with her house and joined Katelyn in the "Fort du jour." I guess I need to get another crate.
1 comment:
I love when they find things to keep themselves busy!! She is so cute!!!
Post a Comment