When I was about 9 or 10, we went on a trip to the Oregon Coast. One of my favorite stops on that trip was when we went to visit The Sea Lion Caves in Yachats Oregon. It was such a neat place... everything from the elevator that took us below ground 208 feet to the crazy amount of adorable little Sea Lions all over this giant rock inside a huge cave. I loved it so much that I had to bring this little sea lion buddy home as a souvenir.
So today I opened up some boxes of my old "stuff" and found him tucked inside. I got him out and the girls instantly loved him. In true Katelyn form, she came up with a very fitting name for him right away. She decided they would call him "Oily." My first thought was that she'd been watching way too much of the Discovery Channel with her dad, but later on she told me that she picked that name because of how slippery sea lions look when the slip and slide all around. Brooke agreed on the name as well - it is so funny to hear a 21 month old walk around looking for "Oily" She says it so clearly that it makes us laugh every time. I think it is time to take them to the coast so they can see the real thing.
4 comments:
I have wanted to take Aidan to Sea World for such a long time. Good thing your kids have Oily for now.
Yes! you must go!
and I suggest the Tillamook cheese factory while you are in the neighborhood. And why not visit the spruce goose along the way...
Dont forget to stop for taffy in Depot Bay.
Did I mention that the Oregon coast is one of my most favorite spots? LOL
We are thinking about going to Oregon Coast for Thanksgiving! We're complete novices, so is November a good time? What should we do?
Bethany
try this :)
http://www.traveloregon.com/Explore%20Oregon/Oregon%20Coast.aspx
And I think of the Oregon Coast as a summer destination. We usually go in August.
Post a Comment