To kick off the beginning of our family’s “Stay-cation” and four day Labor day holiday, Katelyn and I had a chance to go to back to school night. She was so excited to meet her teacher, find her desk and participate in a scavenger hunt to help her check out her new classroom. She loved that so many things in the room were blue and that she is the only Katelyn in her class this year, so she no longer has to be known as “Katelyn H.”
One of her favorite discoveries was that her coat hook was on the end – she said that last year she always had to wait to get to her stuff and that it usually got knocked onto the floor. Who knew that 1st graders could be so reckless. Anyway, she was pleased with her hook placement and was excited about the upcoming school year.
I love her school and am so glad she loves it, but I really don’t like having her gone all day. As we explored the classroom, I found two signs that helped me keep my emotions in check.
I couldn’t agree more with the signs and know she will be well loved and cared for while she is at school each day.
It was also fun to stop by and see her teacher and friends from last year. She had such a great year and I know that this one will turn out to be amazing too.
1 comment:
Like I've said before... those boys are her bodyguards. What a cute teacher, too.
Post a Comment