Monday, November 2, 2009

The Day We Found Out

So today was the big ultrasound and we were so anxious to see baby.  It’s amazing how you start out so focused on if the baby is a boy or girl but when it is finally time for the ultrasound you just want to see that they are ok and that everything is where it is supposed to be and functioning properly.

So our clan headed out at 7:40 a.m. for the appointment and everyone was so excited.  Before we knew it, they called us back and got the show started.

BabyWe were so excited to see the baby and find that everything and every measurement was absolutely perfect.  Before I knew it, the tech was asking if we wanted to know the gender of the baby.  We said definitely, and within an instant she told us that we are having a baby girl! 

Kyle took the news well and chose  to look at things from a practical standpoint… we have girl stuff, so this one should practically  be free.  Little does he know that I will continue to coordinate their clothing until they move out of the house… just kidding, sort of.

We are all so excited and Katelyn and Brooke were thrilled with the news.  They both really wanted a girl, but for very different reasons.   Katelyn’s friends with brothers told her horror stories about how messy and gross boys can be and Brooke kept telling us that she would scream if the boy tried to touch her stuff.  Katelyn did mention however that having a boy would be good because then we could get trains and Legos.

Baby GirlWe were able to get some 4-D images of her as well.  After having this done with Brooke and this baby, Kyle and I have concluded that those really good 4-D ultrasound images where the baby looks like a baby, are probably taken right before the baby enters the birth canal. 

It was still really neat to see her though and when I asked Katelyn if she thought those images looked more like a baby, she said “Not really, it kind of looks like a duck.” 

We are so excited for her to get here and are so grateful to be blessed for a third time with a perfect little girl.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

i didn't even know you were expecting! congrats. When are you due?? And another girl?? HOW FUN! I grew up with two sisters and i LOVED it, and still do. do you have any names for your baby?

congrats again! how exciting!!!!!

Christina B. said...

Congratulations! What a lucky girl she is going to be!!

jessica said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me when you stopped by! Well to be honest I couldn't imagine a Hansen boy, you are definitely a girly mom.

Monika said...

YAY! Congrats! I am afraid I have to take the blame for Jade talking so lovingly of her brothers (poor girl in a house full of boys). Good thing you are having a girl and we won't have to do damage control! Can't wait to meet her.

The Sadler Crew said...

Ashley,
It was so great to talk with you last night. Thank you so much for calling. I am THRILLED for you and can't wait to meet the new little one. I also appreciate you being willing to change her name. I think Tiffany Tiffany Farrell Sadler sounds lovely. No wonder I love you so much!

day in the life of a prince said...

Yeah!! Your 4D picture at least looks like a baby!! None of ours turned out!!

melissa walker said...

That is so great--3 girls is awesome! I love watching mine together and seeing how different each one is, but how they mesh together so well! Congratulations!

Tammy said...

HOLY COW!! I am so excited! I can't believe you are that far along already. I feel like you should only be about 2 months along. (I am sure YOU feel otherwise though!) Another amazingly beautiful girl will be joining your family soon! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Love you guys!!

Kari said...

Congratulations guys! We are so excited for you and glad everything is going well. love ya!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea and I've been terrible at checking in on blogs lately. When are you due? I hope you have had a good pregnancy. Three girls is so great. My big sister has 4 girls and it is lots of fun. Just remember, the sons come later when they marry :-)

Karen said...

Yeah! Congratulations! You guys have the cutest little girls...it's only fitting that you have another one! Can'e wait to meet her and see you all again!

Shem said...

I am so excited for you. I am not sure you'd know what to do with a boy anyway. No bows or cute dresses! Congrats and I can't wait to meet her. :)