In May, Kyle went to Holland again on a business trip, so the girls and I decided it was time for a road trip to Redmond to visit our good friends, the Yosts. It has been a year since they moved and we still miss them terribly. The kids were all so excited to see each other and spent the entire time playing, laughing and having a blast.
Shortly after we arrived in Redmond, I got to see two more dear friends from my old college days. It had been far too long since we’d been together, so we had lots of catching up and reminiscing to do. I saw Wendy two years ago, but hadn’t seen Alison in almost 9 years. The best part was that it was like we hadn’t missed a day and were able to pick up right where we left off.
While I was at dinner, the kids had a great time playing with the Yosts. Emily loved all of them and was particularly fond of Al. They played with a ball and that’s when she earned her nickname “Marino” from Uncle All because of her quick release. She was also walking up a storm that night. She loved showing off for everyone, except me. When I got home, she walked a little bit and then her legs turned into jell-o. I am still convinced she is a selective paraplegic.
On Friday, we got the kids out of school early and went and had a picnic at a nearby park. The sun felt great but the company was even better. It felt like the “good ol’ days” before they moved.
After playing hard the kids also had a blast hanging out in the hot tub. Emily was a little nervous at first but as long as she could hang on to uncle Al, I think she would try just about anything.
On our last night there, we had a pizza party after hot tubbing. Emily liked being fed while she played on the counter. When she would crawl away, Al would tickle her toes, she would squeal with delight and pull her foot away, but within seconds she’d reach her toes right back toward him begging for more.
It was such a fun visit but way too short. We love you guys so much and had so much fun visiting. We can’t wait to see you again this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment