Emily loves dressing for the occasion and wearing her raincoat is no exception. She loves it and thinks the hood and little buckle around the waist are the greatest. When we left the house today it wasn’t raining but my budding meteorologist must have been able to smell the rain that was coming. She asked to take her rain coat, but I already had her darling sweater on her and told her that would be fine for today’s outing to Costco.
By the time we finished our shopping and headed out to load up our treasures, it was a torrential down pour. Emily was so excited, exclaiming “Rain Coat!” I reminded her that we didn’t bring it and in an instant she remembered my error in judgment. She gave me a panicked look and while grabbing at the collar of her sweater she said, “Oh no! HOOD??!!???” I told her I was sorry and that she didn’t have a hood. Well aware of my mistake, she didn’t get upset or throw a tantrum, she did what any rational two year old would do, she improvised and made lemonade out of the lemons I provided her.
Upon the creation of her “hood” she cheered, “I did it!” She was so proud of herself and I laughed so hard I almost cried and then of course took a couple of pictures. The only time she got upset was when I insisted on taking her “hood” off when we got in the car.
4 comments:
What a cutey smartie pants! I love it!
What a cutie patootie! Love the birthday pictures too! I am going to totally use your re-gifting idea!
I LOVE it! She is so funny!
Just looked at this post with Dylan and he is laughing so hard calling Emily "such a funny girl". Love you guys!!
Post a Comment