To kick off spring break this year, we started with an oldie but goodie… we reconstructed Tent Land. The girls were disappointed that I didn’t let it consume the entire main floor of the house, but were satisfied with the awesomeness of Tent Land when they discovered that there was only one uncovered spot, which they affectionately referred to as the “ventilation station” and “air flow hole.” Since we tend to keep the temperature of our house around 75 degrees, it was a bit warm inside Tent Land, it almost had a tropical feel because of the mugginess lurking under the sheets and blankets. So the opening was actually quite necessary in order to avoid any respiratory distress for it’s visitors.
Emily was asleep when we built Tent Land. The girls had high hopes that the lack of a formal entrance would throw her off the trail and discourage her from entering. It took her about a pico second to dive through the playhouse window (aka secret entrance) and enter the portal of magic and wonder. She was beyond thrilled and only came out when it was absolutely necessary.
The layout was too hard to photograph this time from the inside, but my favorite part was that Brooke’s room had her princess castle in there, complete with kitchen and media room. That was Emily’s favorite place to hang out too.
Katelyn and Sara had a blast inside Tent Town too and since Sara spent a lot of the spring break with us, she even got her very own room. Brooke loved visiting her in there and Emily just loved hanging out with anyone who would let her chill and rifle through their stuff.
Katelyn was also thrilled that once again I remembered to include the retractable lid so that she could still practice piano during spring break.
The sleep overs and movie showings in the theater room were some of the other highlights of our time spent in Tent Land.
Even though the girls each had their own room in Tent Land, most nights resulted sleepovers Katelyn’s room since it was the biggest.
We had a lot of fun in Tent Land 2012 - It is definitely one of our favorite places to “go” during spring break and you can’t beat the price or the look on people’s faces when they come to the door and get a glimpse of your formal living room morphed into Hillbilly land.
3 comments:
You guys have the best traditions. I think we need some help learning tent building skills -- ours always collapse!!
How fun! I need to copy you on this! I always forget about making tents, how could I forget this childhood classic??? Thanks for the reminder :)
So fun! I can't wait to have kids just so we can build tents again! Dust and I LOVED doing that!
Post a Comment