Monday, June 4, 2012

The Day We Found the Hot Light App

For this post, I've adapted one of my favorite quotes from Flavia to describe something wonderful that happened to us the other day... we were moved, to say the least.

Some Apps come into to our lives and quickly go.  Other Apps stay awhile, put doughnuts in our mouth and we are never ever the same.

That is what the Hot Light App did for us on Memorial Day Weekend.  The girls and I had been craving some Krispy Kremes but wanted to go when the hot light was on.  We’d been watching it that weekend our new-found App, but it seemed to only come on when we couldn’t go.  Then, on Monday afternoon, when we least expected it, the light came on and we were on it!  That App actually made miracles happen in our home.  Never in my life have I seen the four of us girls move that fast.  We were like flawlessly trained Navy SEALS executing the operation of our lives.  I wish there was an App that could make us get out the door that effectively and efficiently all the time. 

When we arrived, the light was still burning bright and their were doughnuts galore.

It was perfect and yummy and fun.  I can’t believe they don’t charge money for an App that does all that.

The funny thing was that the super nice lady that helped us through our carefully executed doughnut selection process, asked me if she could take some pictures of Emily.  She said that she was a professional photographer and had asked her boss for permission to go get her camera and take some pictures of Emily.  Had I known that was going to happen, I probably would have combed Emily’s hair during our tuck and roll procedure as we left the house.  Emily was happy to comply but was so excited about the opportunity that she did her super cheesy eye’s closed grin in almost every picture.  There’s not an App for that. 

I think next time I will work out some kind of a trade with a doughnut to photo ratio built into the process.

2 comments:

melissa walker said...

Of course a stranger would want to take a picture of Emily! I love that you guys drop everything to go get a hot doughnut! Our Krispy Kreme closed years ago, so I don't even know where to get one now!

Jerica said...

How AWESOME! Ever since I moved away from the Krispy Kreme in Provo, it is all I crave! I love that they have an app for it! SO glad they turned the light on on a day you could go with the girls!