Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Day We Said Goodbye to California

On Thursday morning, it was time to pack up and head home.  We were sad to leave, but the girls think flying is so much fun that they were still on cloud nine.  As we journeyed home, I had them all tell me what their favorite parts of the trip had been.  I am so glad I did, because now that I am finally documenting this almost four months later, I never would have remembered some of the details.  Here is what they said:

Katelyn’s favorite memories of our Disneyland trip:

1.  The look on Emily's face during the Princess lunch and at breakfast with Minnie and her friends
2. Riding California Screamin’
3. Everything about Cars Land
4. All of the “Super scary rides”
5. Our awesome hotel
6. Being together and having Gram and Pop with us
7. The look on Dad's face in It’s A Small world
8. All of the parades

Brooke’s favorite memories of our Disneyland trip:

1. Riding the Matterhorn
2. Cars Land
3. Riding Space Mountain
4. Meeting Rapunzel
5. The Roger Rabbit ride
6. Meeting Minnie and getting to check out her cute house

Emily’s favorite memories of our Disneyland trip:

1. Having bath cherries in the hotel (See this post to learn what that means)
2. Swimming
3. Sleeping in a “drawer bed”
4. Meeting the Princesses
5. She said her favorite rides were Winnie the Pooh, Ariel Undersea Adventure, It’s a Small World and the Tea Cups

Grand Californian 3-7-13aGrand Californian 3-7-13b

We had two nice flights and spent most of the day getting back to Spokane.  Katelyn and I had a good time visiting and playing on our iPads while Brooke, Emily and Kyle napped.

  Emily's airplane nap 3-7-13aBrooke's airplane nap 3-7-13aKyle's airplane nap 3-7-13a

It really was a perfect trip for our family and we were so glad that Gram and Pop were able to meet us there and share in the fun. 

No comments: