I have always been a sleep talker and there are lots of good stories about some of the crazy things I say and do during the night. But the other day, we learned that Emily too has this curse.
She woke up screaming from a nightmare, so I ran into her room to help calm her down. I ended up just getting in bed with her. Win-Win right? So a few hours later (about 4 am), I wake up to someone tapping me on the shoulder. I open one eye and see Emily looking curiously at me. She says, "Excuse me, I'm looking for my mom." To which I replied, "Emily, I am your mom." She starred at me for a brief moment and then replied, "Oh, ok." The she rolled over and went right back to sleep.
I am not sure who she thought I was but I am glad that she is a polite sleep talker.

1 comment:
That's so funny. I do this too! I picture bugs crawling out of walls and actually wake Chip up. Once a semi truck was "crashing through our ceiling" (via my dream) and I dive rolled out of bed screaming and yelling at Chip to move.
Post a Comment