Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Day We Learned About Jaleese and Josh

Brooke and Emily are always playing house - sometimes they are people, sometimes they are animals or birds etc. It is always fun to watch and I love listening to everything they come up with. The other day however, Brooke was already at school when Emily started cooking up her her own story. She was so excited to tell me all it about it. She excitedly came into the room where I was cleaning and said, "Today, I am the mom and I am married to a Police Officer and he is very nice and protects our family. And this is our baby (gesturnig to the baby doll in her arms)." I proceeded to ask her some more questions about her husband and as I suspected, his name was Josh. She then told me more about herself. She said, "I am a real artist and I don't even have to leave my house to do my work." To which I replied, "That is so neat that you are an artist and you get to work at home." Emily then added my favorite part of her description. She said, "I work at home but I still wear the special hat." "An artist's hat?" I asked. "Yes," she said, "you know, the one you wear tipped sideways on your head while you paint." I love that little girl so much. We kept chatting about about her backstory, and even though I already knew the answer, I asked her if her name was Jaleese. She grinned from ear to ear and said, "Yes! And that means I am married to Josh!"

Jaleese isn't wearing her beret in this picture, but I think it gives you an idea of how cute they are and why Emily likes to pretend to be them.

 

No comments: