Monday, March 17, 2008

The Day Brooke Met the Easter Bunny

So today Brooke and I went to do some shopping and we saw the Easter bunny. I immediately expected her to be afraid and maybe even cry as we walked past. But instead, she actually reached for him. When we got up to him she gave him pats and acted like she wanted him to hold her. She gave him kisses and more pats and "loves" and she got mad when we started to leave. It was so cute that I thought I should probably pay the couple of dollars to get a photo of her with her new bunny friend. Just as I started to suggest the idea to the Bunny's Helper I glanced at the sign listing the photo options. ****Spoiler Alert!!!**** Those pictures are NOT a couple of dollars. My vision isn't great but I am pretty sure that the SMALL package was over $20. Yes, that's right... a picture of your child with a guy in a partially neon bunny costume costs MORE than $20. I might have been suckered in if she was a "first child" but I am not nearly as soft anymore. So I decided that despite the cuteness of the event we would take the complimentary bunny ears home and just take a picture of her with some of the animals at our house that she loves. This is a picture of her with Evan - Katelyn's Build-A-Bear that she made the day my good friend Marni had her baby boy Evan.

Here is a picture of Brooke dancing with Duckie and playing chase around the recliner chair with Katelyn. She loves playing Tag with Katelyn and her friends... someday she will realize that they are really just running away from her, but until then everybody wins!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Caldwell said...

20 bucks!!!

Glad you got some cut photos on a budget instead. They do an egg hunt with bunny photos here in LL but I dont think the photos are that much!

She sure is a cutie!

Jessica said...

Where were you today, hmmmm? No bunny but lots of eggs!

Cute spring/Easter pictures!

Meghann said...

Okay, that picture of Brooke giving loves to the bear is just too cute for words.
Next Easter, be a cheap Mom like me and take your OWN camera to the mall. Believe it or not, they actually LET you take pictures with your own camera!
I'm not so big on the whole guy in a Bunny Suit. So, I beckoned the Easter Bunny out of his "garden" and snapped a shot of him kneeling by their stroller.

Penny said...

Adorable pictures! I agree, next year take your own camera and take a picture for free! I wouldn't have paid $20 either. It is amazing to me that anyone does pay that much. Maybe with the first, but after that, not a chance!

Ilene said...

That bunny creeped ME out. Brooke is a very brave girl.

jessica said...

Lesson learned...bring your own camera. You can buy me lunch and I'll take as many pictures as you want.

Such cute pictures of Brookie!