, Family
Gram and Pop came to visit us for a couple of days in July and we had a wonderful time. Pop and Katelyn started out by going golfing while Gram and I took Brooke to her 18
month well-child exam. Brooke didn't have to get any shots so she was ready to be their caddy right after the appointment. They had a great time at the driving range and on the putting green and it looks like Brooke will be ready to join them by next summer.
![]()
For lunch we decided to grab some sandwiches from Subway (Katelyn's favorite) and have a picnic at Manito Park. We found a great spot to set up in the Rose garden. It was so beautiful and the food was great. As soon as Brooke was done with her sandwich, she started yelling "COOKIE! COOKIE!" because she knows that is what we eat after a healthy sandwich.
![]()
After lunch we went for a walk around the gardens... it was so beautiful and the girls loved showing Gram and Pop all the pretty roses. I think Brooke stopped to smell every single one.
Then we headed to the duck pond... we'd been saving bread in the freezer for months so that we would have more than enough to feed every duck there and then some. Manito Park has been one of our favorite spots since the summer that Kyle did his internship in Spokane. There are so many ducks and geese in this pond it is almost crazy, so Katelyn was really excited. Unfortunately, things have changed at Manito Park since the last time we were there... This is the sign that broke Katelyn's heart:
Even though we didn't get to feed the ducks, we still had a great day with Gram and Pop and the girls had a lot of fun playing on the playground equipment at the park instead... the only problem is that I have a freezer full of "duck bread" (aka, moldy bread).
4 comments:
That picture of Katelyn so disappointed about not being able to feed the ducks is so funny. She looks just like Kyle! Because Kyle's been walking around looking like that since the homemakeover began:) Tell Kyle I'm sorry that I have created a monster!
You are so freaking hilarious!!! Thank you for the toaster link. What would I do without you!
I am already mourning the fact that you are going to be gone for what seems like an eternity to my children...and me. With all my crazy circus...I mean family, coming in I'm going to need some serious intervention. WHERE ARE YOU!?!
You really didn't feed the ducks?
I didn't know anyone actually obeyed such signs. Glad to know someone obeys the rules.
Oh yes. That is the most wonderful park I have ever been too. I can't wait to visit again and see the roses and gardens.
I am sorry for Katelyn. Feeding the ducks is so much fun.
Post a Comment