So we had a chance this summer to spend a fun day boating with our good friends, the Yosts. They took us down the Spokane River to
Lake Coeur-d'Alene. It was a such a beautiful day and by far the most relaxing thing the Hansen's have done so far this summer amidst our Home Improvement rampage.
Brooke enjoyed boating last summer and actually fell asleep on the ride. But based on the way her life jacket fit this year, we weren't sure how well she would do.
We were pleased to discover that Brooke loved riding on the boat. Going over the wake bumps from other boats turned out to
be her favorite part. The minute the "bumps" were over she would ask for "more, more, more." She also loved dancing to the music as we rode along and she was a big fan of all the snacks. As you can see she made herself right at home.
Katelyn also surprised us by agreeing to go out on the tube with Anna and Abbi without any coaxing. Kyle and I were both
pleasantly surprised at her willingness to go out and we were thrilled to see her thoroughly enjoy it. Within the first few moments she was actually standing up on the tube with Abbi like
she was surfing. It was so fun to watch them and hear them squeal throughout their ride.
Everyone had fun swimming in the lake and just hanging out in the summer sun. Stacey and I even went out on the tube for a nice leisurely ride... we decided that the only things missing
were our diet cokes that we left on the boat. We also loved being there to celebrate Alli's 14th birthday too - We had such a great time relaxing with our wonderful friends and enjoyed spending such a great day with them. I think Kyle really liked relaxing and might be done having his free ![]()
time filled up with home improvement projects. I told him that we can quit doing the projects and just move into one of the houses we saw on the river... suffice it to say I think we'll just stick with our projects for a while. ![]()
3 comments:
I seem to remember being invited to live with you. As soon as you move into that house. I'll pack my bags!
Looks like fun! I love Brookes hair blowing in the wind and I love the picture of her eating twizzlers...apple doesn't fall from the tree there now does it.
I am so sorry that we forgot to tell you about our summer home. You are free to visit anytime. In fact, please feel free to use the yacht as well.
Ah, I want to live there....
Post a Comment