Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Day They Had A Sleep Over

Ever since our family went Christmas camping, Brooke has been asking to sleep in Katelyn's bed. So the other night, I caved. It was already really late, so I knew they'd be tired the next day anyway... so when they both begged to have a sleep over, I said ok. They looked shocked and excited. So I tucked them in and gave them kisses and headed downstairs, anxious to see how this would all play out.

It took over an hour and a half for all the giggling and chatting to stop, but if finally did and this is what I found:

Kate and Brooke's sleepover 1-17-09a

They had just a few stuffed animals with them, but managed to find a place to sleep. At first I couldn't find Brooke, but she had just rotated around and snuggled between the animals and her sister.

Later on they were still sleeping well, but Brooke had busted one leg out of her jammies... I actually didn't notice until I was looking at the pictures later on.

Kate and Brooke's sleepover 1-17-09b

Everything went well until about 3:00 a.m. when I woke up to the sound of a loud thud and some serious screaming. When I found Brooke crumpled on the floor in an hysterical heap, I thought she'd broken her arm for sure. Fortunately, the only thing she hurt was her pride. Katelyn begged me to put her back in bed with her, but I decided the sleep over was over.

I know they will love having bunk beds, but I bet they will end up in the same bed anyway.

2 comments:

Shem said...

Why will they be sleeping in bunk beds? Is there something you aren't telling me?

Ilene said...

We have bunk beds but the boys still sleep in the same bed. One head at each end. It makes for easier bed making and it is so darn cute.