Friday, July 24, 2009

The Day We Learned About Sierra-Mist

So today, Katelyn went over to play at a friend’s house.  It was her first time going over to this person’s home and it isn’t a family that we know very well.  Fortunately for me, all of her friends are the children of my friends…. until this time.  Needless to say it was a stretch for me to let her go.  Her friend’s mom is very nice and I knew she would have a good time, but I was a little worried… imagine me, worried.

When I picked Katelyn up, she was anxious to tell me about all of the fun they had.  Since Katelyn has never played at someone’s house that I haven’t been in a least a billion times, I was curious and kind of worried to see if anything was “off.”  So as we were driving home, Katelyn was telling me about all the fun things they did I casually (and you know I can be very “breezy”) asked her if there was anything that made her uncomfortable or that she was concerned about.  She paused for a minute so I knew she was about to tell me something.  Finally she said, “Well mom, “she [Katelyn’s friend] got us out some drinks and I wasn’t sure if it was ok for me to drink it so I asked her if it had any drugs in it.”  That is where I nearly swerved off the road.  Katelyn continued, “ But then  she [Katelyn’s friend] read on the back of the can and told me that it said under ingredients that it didn’t have any drugs.  I’m glad it doesn’t have drugs in it because I really like Sierra-Mist mom.”  Crisis averted, but I am sure the teenage years are going to do me in.

4 comments:

B said...

LOL! That is hilarious!!! I love that she paused for dramatic effect... I'm like you, I think I have a mini heart attack everytime my kids go to a new house and I do the casual grilling also! ;)

The Sadler Crew said...

Too funny. We have taught our children well!!

Monika said...

Ohh I feel your pain! I love Katelyn's comment -- classic!

Shem said...

Please tell me you aren't teaching her that ddp has drugs in it!