Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Day We Went Over the Hedge

Brooke and Katelyn 7-25-09aThe girls and I had a chance to meet up with our good friends the Wills’ too see “Over the Hedge” at the outdoor cinema at the park.  They were so excited and Brooke exclaimed before the movie even started that, “ This is the best night ever Mom!” 

Friends at the parkBrooke Katelyn Kara and Kyle 7-25-09

We saw lots of friends there and the kids had fun running around before show time.  Once “little” Kyle and Kara arrived with Tami they came back to “camp” and enjoyed some cotton candy together.  I figured we could sugar them all up and see if they reacted to it like Hammy does in the movie.

Brooke and Kara 7-25-09Brooke and Katelyn 7-25-09b

They thought it was so cool that I remembered to bring their light-up necklaces from Disneyland while I loved that it made sure I couldn’t lose them in the dark crowd.  Win-win.  We all had a great time and the girls both said it was “the best night ever!”  I hope they will always feel that way about hanging out with me in public when I make them wear flashing objects so I can spot them from a mile away.

Brooke and Katelyn 7-25-09c

2 comments:

melissa walker said...

What a fun summer you are having with your girls!

AMY said...

Okay... we've had fun in UT, but we MISSED Liberty Lake. I'm so sad we missed the movie at the park.