Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Day It Finally Felt Like Spring

So today was the first time this year we have had "real" spring weather in Liberty Lake. It was FABULOUS. For starters, Kyle was home from his two week trip to Holland. Even though he was unconscious for a VERY LARGE portion of the afternoon it was nice just to have him on the same continent. Katelyn and I also had a chance to go watch our friend Anna at her gymnastics meet. She of course rocked the house and took 2nd place. I was a little concerned that Katelyn might want to follow in her footsteps, but fortunately there is ZERO daredevil in that kid and when I asked her what she thought about gymnastics she said "That was awesome to watch but I think I will stick with ballet and let Anna do the gymnastics." Phew

After running a few errands and having lunch we came home and found Kyle very ready for his afternoon nap. Brooke on the other hand, decided not to take one so the three of us hung out outside. I pulled out all of the gross stuff that collects at the base of our bushes and the cleaned up the "garbage vortex" that occurs on the east side of our house, while Katelyn watered everything that would hold still with her new watering can. It will be a miracle if our almost blooming Daffodils aren't waterlogged. I also got out the Big Wheel for Brooke but she wanted nothing to do with it... not because she didn't like it but because she prefers the Barbie jeep. She is obsessed with climbing in and out of it and pretending to drive, but she always makes sure to turn on the radio and do a little Brookie style car dancing first. That is definitely my gene.

We also cleaned out the car and played in the backyard for a little bit as well. It was so nice to just be outside and not be cold or wet or blown away. It was also great to see all of our neighbors again. We all looked like a bunch of bears coming out of caves, not used to sunlight or fresh air... Katelyn's friends were outside too and ended up coming over to play in the backyard. The grown-ups had a chance to start visiting over fences and while doing yard work. I must be getting old, because that really was a fun day and I can't wait for the next one.

3 comments:

jessica said...

Wasn't it fabulous! And now back to arctic weather again tomorrow. Honestly...will it ever be spring..I mean for real, not just a couple of days...I'm getting so tired of this! At least we all enjoyed it while it lasted.

day in the life of a prince said...

Wasn't it great! A soccer game that we didn't freeze at was awesome! I hope spring will REALLY come sometime soon!!

Ilene said...

I got sunburned!!

Skin damage never felt so good.