Thursday, April 3, 2008
The Day We Flew Our Kite
So today we decided to take advantage of the good weather and go fly our kite at Pavilion Park with some friends. The sun was shining and it wasn't snowing so we were very excited to go out and play. Katelyn was thrilled to get her kite in the air and thanks to the nice Liberty Lake breeze it took very little effort. She was so proud of herself and Brooke thought it was amazing too. She would ooh and aah while pointing up at the kite. Then she would look up at us and say "Wow!" It was a great way to spend a spring afternoon and I am sure we will be back out there as soon as another sunny day graces us with it's presence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
When I think about kites, it always seems to bring to remembrance the kite flying scene at the end Mary Poppins movie and the song that goes along with it, of course. I'll hope we get great kite weather again soon!
You mean the Liberty Lake POLAR WIND? We have a kite. I'm too cold to go outside and fly it. I thought about making Dan take the kids today but it SNOWED.
Maybe someday we will make it out to fly our kite. The pictures of the kids are too cute. By the way, that place has cute princess puzzles- I was there today.
Ok, so relieved that your kite flying was a positive experience, was somewhat expecting a comment about the crazy mom who had to haul her son away from soccer practice because of some poor choices, but thank you for your help in getting us to the car and your support. Somtimes a "you go girl" is all a mom needs to hear! I was just proud I didn't yell, kick or scream or beat anyone over our park meltdown. It's the little accomplishments in life...
Post a Comment