Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Day We Created Tent Land

So this week is Katelyn's spring break and since we are going on our trip in a few weeks, things have been pretty low key. Kyle is in Holland on business for two weeks, so I have just been trying to do some fun things around here to entertain the troops. I have also been on a huge cleaning spree and this morning I decided that it was possibly coming at the expense of things being fun for the girls. So I decided as I was moving furniture around to vacuum, touch up paint, and deep clean in every nook and cranny that I would really change things up. One thing led to another and before I knew it, we had created "Tent Land" which currently spans from the living room to the family room and includes three different building (they change in function and purpose constantly). Katelyn and Brooke have had the best time and all of their friends that have come over think it is great too. Katelyn asked me if we could leave it up until Kyle gets home... I don't know that I will be able to stand the mess for that long but we'll take it one day at a time. For now it has been so much fun. It is really funny to watch Brooke when she comes out of one of the tents because even though she is short enough to walk around in there, her head rubs the "roof" which happens to be made out of microfiber cushions and fleece blankets so ends up with some very crazy static hair. My favorite part though is when the girls go way in the back of one of the tents where I can't see them, I can hear them giggling and having so much fun together.

6 comments:

day in the life of a prince said...

Looks like so much fun!! We will have to come visit tent land!!

Ilene said...

Are you charging admission?

You are a way cooler mom than me.

The Merricks said...

I definitely see some Hansen tent skills! Man can I come and play!

Karen said...

I am so jealous that Kyle is in Holland! He should have taken you (and me) with him!! Your girls are darling!

Nana Shanna said...

When we lived in Spokane the first time, Michael created a maze using the moving boxes. The kids loved crawling through and around in it! Thankfully, we had a room downstairs so it wasn't in the way. The maze was around for a long time. You know, I think Katelyn will always remember how much she enjoyed Tentland, but she probably won't care that every nook and cranny wasn't cleaned that day. Good job having your priorities in the right place Mom!

Jessica said...

Did you say "moving furniture around to vacuum"? I'm so confused. People do that??