Then today, Katelyn decided to be a Kangaroo and her baby chick pretended to be her joey. When she came into the kitchen sporting the look seen in the above photos, I almost fell down I laughed so hard. She did this all morning until it was time for school that afternoon. She hopped everywhere she went, thumped when there was danger (danger meant that "Brookie the tiger" was coming to attack) and then she explained and demonstrated what a joey does when there is danger. She told me that a joey jumps head first into his mama's pouch when there is danger and then she hops away to keep them safe. Even though she demonstrated this part about 10 times, I never got a photo because I couldn't quit laughing. It was so funny and so disturbing at the same time. Brooke was just happy to be hopping around the house with me reinforcing the behavior by laughing while I watched them. I can't wait to see what they come up with today.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
The Day Katelyn Taught Us About Kangaroos
So Katelyn has always really enjoyed pretend play. She never ceases to amaze and amuse me with the ideas she comes up with. This week for instance we are getting ready to go to Disneyland. She she and Brooke (she is always good about including her little sis whether Brooke knows it or not) have been Minnie and Mickey Mouse and they walk around the house and sign autographs. Brooke has loved this game... and happily follows her around to look for customers with books for them to sign. I hope Brooke will enjoy the "real" characters as much as she has pretending to be one. Katelyn has already started having a hard time sleeping because she is so excited for the trip.
Then today, Katelyn decided to be a Kangaroo and her baby chick pretended to be her joey. When she came into the kitchen sporting the look seen in the above photos, I almost fell down I laughed so hard. She did this all morning until it was time for school that afternoon. She hopped everywhere she went, thumped when there was danger (danger meant that "Brookie the tiger" was coming to attack) and then she explained and demonstrated what a joey does when there is danger. She told me that a joey jumps head first into his mama's pouch when there is danger and then she hops away to keep them safe. Even though she demonstrated this part about 10 times, I never got a photo because I couldn't quit laughing. It was so funny and so disturbing at the same time. Brooke was just happy to be hopping around the house with me reinforcing the behavior by laughing while I watched them. I can't wait to see what they come up with today.
Then today, Katelyn decided to be a Kangaroo and her baby chick pretended to be her joey. When she came into the kitchen sporting the look seen in the above photos, I almost fell down I laughed so hard. She did this all morning until it was time for school that afternoon. She hopped everywhere she went, thumped when there was danger (danger meant that "Brookie the tiger" was coming to attack) and then she explained and demonstrated what a joey does when there is danger. She told me that a joey jumps head first into his mama's pouch when there is danger and then she hops away to keep them safe. Even though she demonstrated this part about 10 times, I never got a photo because I couldn't quit laughing. It was so funny and so disturbing at the same time. Brooke was just happy to be hopping around the house with me reinforcing the behavior by laughing while I watched them. I can't wait to see what they come up with today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'll just ask her to demonstrate for me on Sunday when I see her. So cute.
I love it!!!
Don't you love imagination. I especially enjoy it when Aidan doesn't know I'm there.
So funny! Just make sure she that she realizes that this is not so cool or funny when she is sixteen :)
Have a great trip!
Take me with you to Disneyland. I will be good, I promise.
I realized yesterday at church when I was taking roll in Primary and Katelyn wasn't there - that you were all at DISNEYLAND! And then I got sad and jealous! Hope you have a great time!! Really!
That picture is a hilarious, love the profile shot.
Post a Comment