As I was helping Katelyn get ready for church, she looked at me in the mirror with a very serious face and asked "Mom, am I symmetrical?" I smiled and looked at her and told her that she was. I should have seen this coming and realized that she already knew the answer. I also should have realized that I would be wrong. She said, "Actually
Mom, I 'm not symmetrical." She pointed out that she wasn't because of the caterpillar on her PJ top. With
a big grin on her face she said, "On one end their is a smiley face and on the other there is his bum!" I love five year olds. They love to tell you all about what they know and they are always glad to reference a body part or bodily function for added humor.Brooke also made us laugh, but her funny moment came during dinner. I've been trying to teach her some prayer basics like getting her to fold her arms (for 2-3 secs) and to bow her head. She is a bright kid but I really didn't think she'd been paying any attention to my mini lessons on prayer. So we were getting ready to enjoy an amazing meal that Grandma Carol made for everyone. We were all sitting around her very long and full table when we asked Katelyn to offer the blessing on the food. Just as she started saying the prayer, Brooke decided to demonstrate the element of prayer that is her favorite - the end. In her tiny little girl voice, she kept saying, "amen, amen, amen, amen..." It was so cute but I honestly don't know how Katelyn finished because it took everything I had to not fall out of chair from laughing so hard. We decided that either that is the only element of prayer that she has learned about or she was ready to eat and decided to try and get her big sister to wrap things up quickly.
2 comments:
This totally cracks me up because Maya said almost the Exact same thing to me about being symmetrical on Sunday. I was going to put it on her quick quote!
Wow! I am so impressed Brooke can even say "amen." Lucy isn't quite there yet. She's taking her own sweet time when it comes to talking.
Post a Comment