Today we had an opportunity to party five year old style at the Kindergarten Center's Family Night. As soon as we arrived, Katelyn found her BFF Sara. We enjoyed dinner with Sara, her sister Hailey (3rd grader) and her mom and dad. As soon as the girls ate enough to appease the grown-ups they were ready to party. There were different craft and activity stations all over the school. While we were outside, the girls loved playing with the hula hoops and going on the little slide with Brooke.
Then we decided we would check out what was going on inside. With a little parental help, all four girls got to make a "Carp Kite" - they were so excited. 
It's usually tough to find things that will equally please girls ranging in age from 1 to 9, but this party somehow seemed to have quite a few.Face painting was another big hit but only Katelyn and Sara participated. Hailey was off with her friends and Brooke was busy wondering the halls with Kyle.

Katelyn requested a unicorn from her artist who also happened to be her teacher Mrs. Grant. Sara asked for a butterfly and both girls were very happy with the results.

The best part of the evening though was when we went back outside to the dancing station. A special teacher came to the Kindergarten Center twice this month to teach the kids some dance moves so that they would really be able to rip it up at their end of the year party. Katelyn had told me so much about it, so we convinced the girls to check it out and check it out they did. They had so much fun dancing. Watch the video clip below to see some of the fun. If you watch carefully, you should be able to answer all of the following questions: 1) What was Brooke's favorite dance move 2) Which one of the girls does a mild version of "Girls Gone Wild" during the Macarena 3) What Yoga pose does Brooke do during the dance party 4) What is the only letter that Katelyn consistently "spelled" correctly during the YMCA?
We had a great time but I cannot believe that Kindergarten is almost over. I hope the next five years will go a little slower.
4 comments:
So cute! Between watching Katelyn and Brooke, that video totally cracks me up. What cuties! I'm sure they're headed for So You Think You Can Dance.
I hear you about time going too fast! I was thinking today before I know it David will be 14 (assuming the next 7 years go as fast as the last 7) and then 21 and out of the house. :( I am not happy.
No she is getting way to old! Can't you slip Katelyn some sort of hormone to keep her little forever... please
I love Brooke little pig tail, so cute. I can't believe Jack starts kindergarten in the fall. I'm excited and dreading it at the same time. Any advice?
Post a Comment