Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Day Brooke Discovered the Hose

BSo on the last day of May we finally finished planting our garden. It was such beautiful weather and the girls were so happy to be outside. They both love playing on the swing set and and are always asking to go out side or "sa side?" as Brooke says.
When all of the seeds were planted it was time to water them. Brooke and Katelyn both love using their watering cans but that day Brooke found a new love - the hose. After Katelyn watered our little seeds with the sprayer, Brooke decided she wanted a piece of the action. I didn't know how she would react, but in true Brookie fashion she loved it even though it was freezing cold water. She kept attacking it head first and didn't seemed to mind or notice that she was soaked from head to toe (I kept waiting for her diaper to explode). My favorite part was when I would turn off the sprayer, she would do her baby sign for "more." She and Katelyn had a great time but Katelyn was far more conservative about getting wet. We finally switched over to the flower sprinkler and that was a hit too. Katelyn loved dancing and squealing in and out of the water. Brooke not only soaked up the fun but drank a lot of it too. She also decided that part of the process involved coming over and sitting in the lap of the person filming the action. It will be so much fun to get the kiddie pool but I am worried that I won't ever be able to get them inside. Only one more week of school! Here is a video of some of the fun:
So on the last day of May we finally finished planting our garden. It was such beautiful weather and the girls were so happy to be outside. They both love playing on the swing set and and are always asking to go out side or "sa side?" as Brooke says.
When all of the seeds were planted it was time to water them. Brooke and Katelyn both love using their watering cans but that day Brooke found a new love - the hose. After Katelyn watered our little seeds with the sprayer, Brooke decided she wanted a piece of the action. I didn't know how she would react, but in true Brookie fashion she loved it even though it was freezing cold water. She kept attacking it head first and didn't seemed to mind or notice that she was soaked from head to toe (I kept waiting for her diaper to explode). My favorite part was when I would turn off the sprayer, she would do her baby sign for "more." She and Katelyn had a great time but Katelyn was far more conservative about getting wet. We finally switched over to the flower sprinkler and that was a hit too. Katelyn loved dancing and squealing in and out of the water. Brooke not only soaked up the fun but drank a lot of it too. She also decided that part of the process involved coming over and sitting in the lap of the person filming the action. It will be so much fun to get the kiddie pool but I am worried that I won't ever be able to get them inside. Only one more week of school! Here is a video of some of the fun:

8 comments:

Monika said...

So cute! My favorite part of the video was when Brooke was being sprayed right in the face and you hear Katelyn say "Brrrrr!"

Rani said...

too cute! I love that she threw in the sign for more there. I'm still working on that with Calvin. He seemed to listen to you better.

AMY said...

what a brave girl. i'm starting to think jack might be a little bit more reserved. the minute he bumps his head he's crying looking for mom. maybe brooke can teach him a thing or two.

day in the life of a prince said...

So cute!! I can't believe she liked the water so much! Even big tough Breggan will have nothing to do with water!!

Jessica said...

Yeah, our Family Gardening Night didn't turn out quite so happily. Maybe we needed a hose.

melissa walker said...

Your girls are sweet! Do you mind if I link you on our blog? My computer crashed a while ago and it took me a long time to find you again!

melissa walker said...

I don't mind at all if you link to us! I just noticed too that our girls have the same dresses--the rainbow plaid from Gymboree. They could all dress up together!

Meghann said...

Look at her dive into the hose like that!!! Oh my gosh, that video is hilarious. Don't be deceived by her sweet, angelic appearance. She is ready to take on life by the horns!