Each spring, Katelyn and I have so much fun watching the progress of our bulbs each day. The best parts of course are when they first poke through the ground after the snow clears and when they finally bloom. This year we knew it was getting close so on Sunday morning (May 4th), Katelyn ran to the window to see if they were finally open. They weren't, but they looked really close. When we got home from church that afternoon Katelyn started squealing with delight as we pulled in the driveway, "Our tulips are finally here!!!" It was so fun and finally felt like spring. Since they opened, she has taken good care of them and waters them almost daily. Brooke loves to smell them and occasionally tries to taste them too. Happy spring!
Sunday, May 4, 2008
The Day the Tulips Finally Bloomed
Each spring, Katelyn and I have so much fun watching the progress of our bulbs each day. The best parts of course are when they first poke through the ground after the snow clears and when they finally bloom. This year we knew it was getting close so on Sunday morning (May 4th), Katelyn ran to the window to see if they were finally open. They weren't, but they looked really close. When we got home from church that afternoon Katelyn started squealing with delight as we pulled in the driveway, "Our tulips are finally here!!!" It was so fun and finally felt like spring. Since they opened, she has taken good care of them and waters them almost daily. Brooke loves to smell them and occasionally tries to taste them too. Happy spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We leave Spokane before the tulips bloom and arrive in Boise after they have already bloomed.
No fun. Pretty tulips!
I absolutely LOVE tulips! I need to buy some bulbs and plant them whenever you are supposed to. That would be the reason why I don't have any, I have no clue when you plant them! Very cute picture!
Tulips are my favorite flower. We are definately planning tulips this fall.
Post a Comment