Friday, May 16, 2008

The Day We Planted Our Tomatoes

So today we began planting our little garden for the summer. We started with a few tomato plants and a sweet pepper that we purchased by mistake. Katelyn always loves this part of spring and makes the whole event so much fun. Brooke was also excited but didn't really participate too much in the actual planting process. Her job was to take the wrappers and empty containers and run around the yard with them while squealing.



She loves being outside and thought this activity was particularly exciting. Katelyn on the other hand loved actually planting our little plants. She's never really liked getting dirty so the fact that she actively participates in the planting now and even loves holding worms without gloves is a miracle.

We ended our planting extravaganza by playing on the slides and swings. I love spending time in our backyard with the girls and seeing them love every minute of it.

5 comments:

Nana Shanna said...

You are such a great mom! Michael's always been the one doing the gardening at our house. I help him occasionally. I LOVE eating the tomatoes right off of the vine. Scrumptious!

jessica said...

Um...why does Brooke look so freaking big! I see her all the time and for some reason these pictures make me see how grown up she is. She's not a baby anymore :(

Jessica said...

I just have to say that the hair on your girls just kills me...I mean I know where it comes from, but honestly, you should hope your plants grow like those girls' hair!

AMY said...

We so need a swing set in our back yard. Good luck with the tomatoes.

Ilene said...

I think about planting something and then think about bending over and then decide to put that off a summer.

Because it will be so much easier to plant tomatoes and flowers with a baby crawling in the dirt.