So on day 2 of Katelyn’s spring break, I asked the girls what they wanted to do and to my great pleasure, both of them without hesitation or subtle suggestions from me, said “I want to go to the mall!” I was happy to oblige…
Our first stop was at the coin operated cars… as you can see, it was a real kid pleaser. Then we headed down to stop number two – Build-A-Bear. Brooke took her bunny in for a bath while Katelyn was taking her leopard in to have some work done. Kathryn the leopard didn’t get quite enough stuffing originally, so her clothes fall right off. So they added some stuffing to thicken her up a little bit. Mission accomplished.
But then we started looking around and before we knew it, we found Lilly the lamb. Katelyn had been hanging on to a gift card and I had two coupons… so one thing led to another and now Lilly is a Hansen.
The girls had so much fun together. Brooke wore the baby carrier the whole time with her bunny in it. Katelyn found an outfit for Lilly that had a lamb on the shirt – it was darling! Then Brooke found a baby lamb (if that is possible) – as soon as they named her Blossom I knew she’d be coming home with us too.
Before we left the store, we discovered that Brooke had been taking all of the baby animals that she could find to the back of the store and placing them all in a doggy bed so they could sleep. So we “woke” them up and put everyone away and then it was time to head home. We had so much fun and are thoroughly enjoying the new additions to our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment