Friday, March 27, 2009

The Day We Gave the Kids A Pancake

pig I am a huge fan of Laura Numeroff’s children's’ books and Katelyn’s class read one of my favorites last week - “If You Give A Pig A Pancake.”  So when her teacher asked me to come and help her surprise the kids with a pancake breakfast on the last day of class before spring break, I was happy to accept. 

Brooke at Kate's pancake party 3-27-09aBrooke was also happy that she was invited to come along too.  She loves going to “Sissy’s school” and the kids are all so good to her.  But the kids were really excited when their teacher told them what we were going to be doing that day.  They were even more excited when she told them that they could have their pancakes with chocolate chips too… it’s good to be six. 

Ashely at Kate's pancake party 3-27-09I got the pancake station up and going and had my 2 year old assistant eagerly waiting to “help.” She particularly enjoyed eating any extra chocolate chips and trying to take a pancake off of the hot griddle… I grabbed her hand just in time.

Kate's pancake party 3-27-09bKate's pancake party 3-27-09a

Katelyn has such a great teacher and a fun class – I am so glad I can spend time in the classroom and see first hand what a great experience she is having in first grade… and as you can see in the photo, Brooke doesn’t feel the least bit out of place and is glad to be there with Katelyn too.

Brooke at Kate's pancake party 3-27-09b

No comments: