Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Day We Made Bunny Cakes

2105-4426Nothing says “It’s Spring” like my Wilton mini-bunny cake pan, so I decided that Spring Break was the perfect time to use it so that the kids could have some cake to go with their frosting.

 

Abbi Will Kate and Anna 3-29-09aWhile our good friends were out of town for a couple of days, we got to hang out with their kids (who are also our good friends).  So I decided that decorating the cakes would be a “springy” great activity for everyone.  Brooke couldn’t have agreed more…

Brooke eating lots of frosting 3-29-09cBrooke eating lots of frosting 3-29-09b

Since frosting (in my opinion) should be a food group, I knew that the kids would all be shoveling it in as fast as they could.  So to ensure good portion and germ control, I gave each of them their own color-coordinated bowl of frosting and plate with a bunny cake on it.  At first, the kids didn’t realize that I was onto their plan to eat more frosting than they frosted with, so they were trying to be stealth about it, except for Brooke…

Brooke eating lots of frosting 3-29-09aShe shoveled down her bowl of frosting and then snatched the extra bowl that I had set aside for Alli who wasn’t there and would be decorating her cake later.  Brooke however, had other plans for that frosting.  The second bowl turned her into a crazed powdered sugar animal.  She was nuts… happy, but nuts.  When I started laughing about it and taking pictures of her antics, the other kids realized that they could do as they pleased with their frosting.  Fortunately none of them tried to steal another bowl.  They were actually all so sugared up from bowl number one that they had a hard time eating their frosted cakes when the time came.

Brooke Abbi Will Kate and Anna 3-29-09a

Their cakes turned out great and we had a great time together.  The other benefit was that the sugar buzz helped us all stay up late so that we could unlock more characters on Mario Kart Wii… just one of our many loft spring break goals.

AbbiAnnaKatelyn 3-29-09Will

No comments: