There are those rare friends in life that you have such a bond with, that no matter how much time passes you are able to pick right back up where you left off when you see each other again. I was lucky enough to see a dear friend like that this weekend.
Jen and I met in college and were instantly great friends. We were sorority sisters and I had the honor of being a bridesmaid when she married another good friend of mine, Jon. After I graduated, we saw each other at several weddings and then somehow, our paths didn’t cross again for almost seven years.
By chance we ended up in the same place this weekend and finally got to visit and catch up in person. Our kids got to meet and play together and we got to talk and talk and talk… just like the old days. The best part was that even though it was so exciting and wonderful to finally see each other, it didn’t feel weird at all. It was like no time had passed and we picked up right where we left off. We laughed about the “old days" and caught up on the “new days.” It was so wonderful to see you again Jen and meet your beautiful kids! Thanks for being such an amazing life-long friend. I can’t wait to see you guys again SOON!
No comments:
Post a Comment