Last November, I decided I needed to dedicate a post to Brooke and her purses. I went in her room to check on her during her nap and found her surrounded as usual by all the “stuff” she liked to sleep with as well as a purse. The thing that was different this time is that she had fallen asleep with the purse around her shoulder and she was clutching it in her sleep. She loosened her grip before I could take the picture, but the photo still sums it up - this girl LOVES LOVES LOVES purses and always has to have one. They are always FULL of stuff but she is very precise about what she puts in them. If you take anything or remove something, she will notice and she will be upset.
These pictures were taken of her when she decided to put a purse inside a purse. I had to implement a “one purse per day” rule, so she decided to put one of her full purses inside the dog carrier along with more of her “items du jour.” She came downstairs and said “Look Mom! I only have one purse!” I was so impressed with her work-around that I let her get away with it.
This ensemble was one of my favorites, complete with mittens and sunglasses it complemented her dainty pink purse quite well. She came downstairs and told me to take a picture. I guess she knew how good she looked and wanted it documented. Something else she always requests is for us to figure out a way to harness her purse to her big wheel or scooter – if you can’t take your purse, it’s not worth the ride.
Even when she is dancing, she has to have a purse or two nearby… and I seriously pity the fool that touches it without her permission. She loves to show people her purse and even its contents but only when it is on her terms.
For Christmas, Brooke really wanted a pink Hello Kitty purse. She was so excited about it and was happy to add it to her collection.
Along with her Hello Kitty purse, Brooke also got a darling cupcake purse and skirt from her cousin. She was happy to model her new accessories with attitude.
Brooke looks for her purse the second she is conscious in the morning and HAS to grab it before we leave to go anywhere. If you really want to anger her, you can move her purse when you buckle her into her car seat. She wants none of that! I guess she thinks you should be able to maneuver the straps and buckles around her fists which are always clasped tightly around the purse strap or handles as well as the other numerous “items” that didn’t quite fit inside but she managed to smuggle out of the house. Why take just one lip gloss, when seven would be so much better, right? And, she usually brings along a microphone because you just never know. That’s my girl… always prepared.
2 comments:
What a cutie! Especially love her ensemble picture!
Great pictures! Brooke has the cutest personality and she is so photogenic. That girl has style! :)
Post a Comment