I love the time in the hospital with a new baby, but it is so wonderful when you get to take that sweet baby home. Emily and I spent the morning much in the same way we spent the previous night - with her being sleepy and me marveling at how perfectly perfect she is. I still can’t believe she is ours… three amazing little girls… it blows my mind.
When Kyle arrived, he surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Emily was glad to see her dad too but she was too sleepy to show it.
“Little Kyle,” Kara and Tami also came by to meet Emily. Shortly after they stopped by, Katelyn and Brooke arrived rested and ready to hang out with their new little sister.
It was so fun to watch the girls admire and check out their little sister. Brooke liked Katelyn to do the holding while she did the looking. They were so excited to spend time with her and it was so fun to watch Emily interact with them – she was actually alert, which is quite a feat considering it was only day 2.
Before heading home, we had a bit of excitement – but that deserves it’s own post… so more on that later. Once we got all packed up, Kyle took a few more photos of his girls and then we headed for home.
Once we were home, Emily’s big sisters happily held and snuggled her all evening. They let her know that she will definitely never be lonely or ignored – whether she likes it or not. We look forward to watching these three girls together and I hope that their friendship and the bond of sisterhood will be a source of strength and comfort for each of them throughout their lives and that Kyle and I will survive them being teenagers. Welcome Home Emily!
4 comments:
She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations to you and your sweet little family! I hope we can see you sometime soon! Love you!!
Oh my cuteness! Three adorable girls!!! I hope Emily is feeling better. I like the flowers Kyle got they look like your wedding flowers.
Your girls are so amazingly beautiful! Congrats on the new arrival!
Both of your posts on Emily's birth are wonderful! You look fantastic- are you sure you were even pregnant?! Brooke and Katelyn are so cute with their baby sister. I look forward to the future when Ella can, hopefully, meet a younger sibling. Big hugs to all of you!!!
Post a Comment