So after almost six weeks of trying to keep baby from being born too early, it appeared that she wasn’t going to come out without a little encouragement. My doctor was on-call over the weekend, so he told me on Friday that he would induce me on Saturday morning, as long as they had space and staff available. So, on Friday night I went to bed hoping that we’d be having a baby on Saturday. The 27th of March also happened to be Great-Grandma Hardy’s 91st birthday and I thought that Emily’s arrival would be the perfect way to celebrate.
I didn’t sleep very much because I was so nervous and excited. That morning, I was up and ready and moments away from calling Labor and Delivery to make sure I could come in, when the phone rang instead. They were calling me, which of course was not a good sign. There was no room at the inn. I was disappointed for obvious reasons, but thankfully we hadn’t told anyone, so it was a little bit easier to make it a “normal” day for our girls. Since there was a chance he would get me in on Sunday, I decided to use this “extra” day to have some family fun.
I ran a couple of quick errands to the grocery store and Home Depot. Then, the girls and I were off to check out the spring craft day at Michaels. We had such a great time and the girls made some darling flowers, bunnies, chicks, nests and eggs to celebrate spring.
Next up was our annual trip downtown to REI with Kyle. While he perused the store for a new jacket and ways to spend our dividend, the girls went shopping too. They found lots of camping outfits and were happy to model them for anyone that would watch. Since we were already downtown (way outside of my normal 15 mile radius from home), we also made a few practical stops before heading to a little German Restaurant for dinner.
We enjoyed a nice dinner at Chic-A-Ria (I know it doesn’t sound German, but it really is) and then headed home.
It was a such a nice day and I was really hoping that we’d be having a baby the next day but since I never heard from my doctor, I didn’t think the chances were very good. The next morning I got up and got ready just in case but when a phone call didn’t come by 8:00 a.m. I decided to just move on with our day. We enjoyed some strawberry waffles and read the paper. Just as I was about to start getting the troops ready for church, the phone rang at 9:22 and Artie, the nurse that had called the day before said “Ashley, do you want to come have a baby today?” I said, “Of course!” and the rest is a story for another “Day…”
No comments:
Post a Comment