Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Day We Celebrated Thanksgiving

Hansen christmas photo 11-26-10aThis year for Thanksgiving we traveled to Boise to see Kyle’s family.  We had such a wonderful visit and Carol made an unbelievable meal as always.

 

For some reason I didn’t take 9 million pictures like I usually do, but here are a few that I did manage to get.

Emily road in the “big kid” rear facing car seat and was happy not to be laying down in her infant carrier.  She also loved the sucker that I gave her to help her be quiet.

Enjoying a sucker on the way to boise 11-24-10

Katelyn and Brooke had so much fun playing with Calvin – they loved playing on Katelyn’s DSi together and created a fun game using pencils for wands.  I am not exactly sure what they did, but it made them all happy, so I thought it was great.  The girls also loved spending time with Jaleese and Bug – especially when they did manicures together.  We were so glad they came home so we could see them.

Calvin Kate & Brooke 11-25-10

Emily loved eating turkey, stuffing and rolls and playing with Dallin’s hair.

Emily's 1st Thanksgiving 11-25-10aEmily's 1st Thanksgiving 11-25-10b

She also loved trying pie with whipped cream and thought having so many people dote on her was fantastic.

Emily's 1st Thanksgiving 11-25-10c

The drive home was not great.  The roads were really really scary and so was Emily.  She looks happy in this picture, but she did not enjoy the ride home.  I think she was just sad to leave.

A snowy ride home 11-27-10

Thank you so much to everyone in Boise for making it be such a wonderful weekend!  We love you guys and hope to see you again soon.

1 comment:

Monika said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I bet you can't wait for Emily to be able to turn forward facing! That always seems to help with the boredom!