Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Day Emily Turned 8 Months Old

Emily - 8 months 12-1-10cEmily - 8 months 12-1-10dEmily - 8 months 12-1-10eEmily - 8 months 12-1-10f

Emily - 8 months 12-1-10gEmily - 8 months 12-1-10hOn November 28th, Emily turned 8 months old.  She weighed 17 lbs. 3 oz. and is the happiest little peanut you can imagine.  These are some of our favorite milestones and memories of her leading up to the 8 month mark.

One of Emily’s favorite things to do is to get into everything.  For the first time, I have a “climber.”  Her favorite object seems to be the coffee table.  If she is not on top of it, she is trying to get there.  She still loves checking out and “talking” to the princesses on the girls’ little couch and it is definitely her preferred step stool to get on the coffee table.

Emily talking to the pricesses 11-8-10aEmily talking to the pricesses 11-8-10bEmily climbing onto the coffee table 11-27-10

Emily's 1st ice cream 11-11-10Emily loves “table food” but she also loves her baby food too.  She makes yummy noises with every bite.  I love this stage of eating – they will try everything and love 99% of it.

 

She loves to sing and stand and has to know what everyone is up to.  She also gives “air” kisses that melt your heart. She loves to say “Da da da” and “Ma ma ma” and knows the baby sign for “milk.”   One of her favorite games is peek-a-boo and her first tooth finally made an appearance on November 23rd.

Emily playing peek-a-boo 11-27-10Emily the happy crawler 11-10-10

One day I told her it was time for her bath.  She disappeared and when I found just a few moments later I discovered that she is currently my best listener – she was at the bathtub ready to go.

Emily getting into the tub 11-19-10

Her favorite pastime though still seems to be doing anything and everything that her sisters will include her in.  She doesn’t care if she is a prop or just a bystander in their adventures as long as she is a part of things.  I love how they adore each other.

Emily at chuck e cheese 11-11-10Emily playing with her sisters 11-12-10aEmily 11-12-10

Happy 8 months baby!

Emily 11-16-10Emily 11-17-10Emily 11-22-10Emily 11-22-10bEmily 11-24-10Emily 11-25-10

1 comment:

Monika said...

Oh how I miss that sweet little girl!