Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Day We Made A Luge Track

Brooke on the Luge track 12-1-10aSo Brooke and I both have a hard time doing “fun” stuff during the day without Katelyn.  When she is at school, we will start to do a fun craft or project and then we both feel bad we are doing it without her, so we wait until she gets home.  So today we were shoveling the driveway and the pattern continued.  We didn’t want to make our first snowman of the season without Katelyn, so we just added snow to the pile that will eventually become our fort.  Then we ended up in the backyard so we could clean off the deck, that’s when I noticed the hill that runs down the side of our yard… I decided it was time for a project.  Brooke was reluctant but when I told her that we would get it ready so that she could play with Katelyn as soon as school was over, she was all for it.

We built up a launch pad at the top of the hill and added luge-style walls to help keep our riders on the track.  Brooke was thrilled with the project and loved it when I launched her down the run.  In the video below, you’ll see her trying to launch herself for the first time.  She was not a fan of the outcome but loved our luge track.

Katelyn was so excited to go on a run when she got home.  She loved it and both girls are anxious to continue to improve the track as more snow comes.  The had a blast playing in the back yard and found all sorts of new games to play on their swing set.  

Kate on the Luge track 12-1-10aKate playing in the snow 12-1-10a

Here is a short video of some of the fun…

No comments: