This holiday season, Katelyn and Brooke opened a cookie shop in our living room. They opened the shop everyday and have had the best time making treats and goodies. The shop had a different name almost everyday and if you didn’t come to the shop and order treats, they would drop them off at the kitchen while caroling. I realized that somehow I never got any pictures of this holiday activity, so on the final day the shop was open, they let me photograph some of the fun.
Most of their ingredients came from plush Build-A-Bear sets of cookies for Santa and a few other Christmas themed cookie toys. They also used mini-stockings and festive baskets and containers along with this amazingly cute Thomas Kinkade Christmas cards their Great-Aunt Gay sent to them – they were 3-D pop-up holiday houses with real lights.
On the final day of the shop, Gram and Pop were there and got to experience all the fun. Gram put their name on a list for a table at the reception desk. Pop turned in the buzzer when their table was ready.
Katelyn took everyone’s orders and fixed things at the Preparation Station while Brookie cooked away at her self-made oven.
Once everything was ready, Brooke served us at our table. The food was great but the super cute and very clever staff was definitely my favorite part. I sure hope that they are ready to re-open their shop for the holidays in 2011. I can’t wait to see what they will come up with next.
2 comments:
what sweet girls. So very different than what boys do for fun... Give them kisses for me.
The "Preparation Station?" I love it! Who came up with that name. It's great you support your girls in exercising their creativity!
Post a Comment