Friday, December 3, 2010

The Day We Took Emily Christmas Camping

Katelyn Brooke & Emily Xmas Camping 12-3-10bAfter decorating the tree, it was time to introduce Emily to another Hansen family tradition… Christmas camping. 

The girls all put on their pink snowman Christmas jammies while we got the air mattress ready.  Emily had no idea what was going on, but she was a big fan of the event nonetheless.

Katelyn & Emily Xmas Camping 12-3-10aKatelyn Brooke & Emily Xmas Camping 12-3-10

Then we read some Christmas books, including our latest addition to our collection, “Llama Llama Holiday Drama.”  We love the llama llama books and were excited she came out with one for Christmas.

Katelyn Brooke & Emily Xmas Camping 12-3-10a

The girls played and looked at the tree.  Emily and Brooke even took a “pretend we are sleeping” picture for me.

Katelyn Brooke & Emily Xmas Camping 12-3-10dSleeping girls 12-3-10a

When it was actually time for them to go to sleep, I took Emily upstairs to her bed.  Maybe next year she will get to be an official Hansen Christmas Camper.

Brooke and Katelyn and 500 stuffed animals and blankets eventually went to sleep under the Christmas tree and woke up the next morning exhausted but begging to do it again the next night.  It seems as though what started as a “one night during-the-holidays” tradition has graduated to an “anytime we don’t have school the next day” activity.  I am becoming such a pushover in my old age.

Sleeping girls 12-3-10b

3 comments:

Monika said...

You are seriously the BEST mom ever. You do so many fun things with your girls and keep a record of it too. MISS YOU!

The Merricks said...

I want to join your Christmas campout, that is my kind of camping. I love looking at all those pretty smiles.

melissa walker said...

I love this tradition! I read about this last year and totally forgot to do it with my kids this year--maybe I should set a reminder for myself! I can't believe how big Emily is getting! Such a cute trio of girls!