Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Day Brookie Learned to Drive

Brooke driving the jeep 2-10-11aBrooke in the jeep 4-12-08

Brooke driving the jeep with kate 2-10-11cBrooke has loved the Barbie jeep ever since the spring of 2008 (pictured above, right) when she was finally old enough to be Katelyn’s co-pilot.  Her job was to control the radio and she was thrilled with that.  It’s amazed me that she’s been content with riding shotgun for 3 years. 

So the other day, I asked her if she wanted to learn how to drive and she said “Yes!”  Katelyn wasn’t thrilled about it, but was supportive and more importantly was willing to ride shotgun with our newest driver in the family.

They had a lot of fun and Brooke was a fast learner.  I only feared for her life and our neighbors property a couple of times.  Not bad for a first timer.

She was so pleased with herself and loved having Katelyn ride next to her.  As I watched them, I couldn’t help but think about how this image will probably be similar in about 12 years when Katelyn helps teach her little sis how to drive. 

Brooke driving the jeep with kate 2-10-11bBrooke driving the jeep with kate 2-10-11a

Below is a picture of Katelyn (age 3) on Christmas morning 2005 when she got the jeep from Gram and Pop.  She LOVED it but preferred to play with it inside or in the garage sans battery for almost two years.  But once she had her driving buddy it has been their favorite thing to do.  The picture on the right is of the girls in May of 2009.  I can already picture Emily joining them this summer in a sidecar or strapped to the hood.

I'm a Barbie GirlJeepin with Gram and Pop 5-24-09b

2 comments:

Christina B. said...

So cute! I love the idea of a sidecar! :)

Monika said...

Only a third child is sturdy enough to ride on the hood! :). Darling pictures! I can't believe Katelyn still fits in the Jeep!